kattiapants

Kat

I like living between the pages of a good book

City of Fallen Angels
Cassandra Clare
Unbeautifully
Madeline Sheehan
Progress: 33 %
Undeniable - Madeline Sheehan
What the what what?? Those were my thoughts right after I finished this book. I really wasn't sure what to think about Undeniable. Reading this was a little like hopping on the crazy train. It was one heck of a ride, that's for sure.
The book spans almost three decades. It opens up with our heroine, Eva (and after watching Wall-E with my two year old over and over and over again, I can't help but think E-vaahhh every time I see that name, which was a little distracting) at age five visiting her father at Riker's. This is where she first meets Deuce, twenty-three, and VP from a rival Biker Club. It's very innocent, and over the years they see one another periodically at club related events, where their attraction to one another grows. When they first act on their attraction, she is sixteen and he is married. And in my opinion, this is where the crazy revs up.
There is some dark stuff that goes down in this book. It is definitely not for everyone. The characters are effed up, dysfunctional, selfish, and I was so hooked on all of it! I think it takes a certain kind of talent that the author was able to write such a story where I couldn't put my Kindle down yet I still wanted to throw it across the room at the same time.