kattiapants

Kat

I like living between the pages of a good book

City of Fallen Angels
Cassandra Clare
Unbeautifully
Madeline Sheehan
Progress: 33 %
Obsidian - Jennifer L. Armentrout Beautiful face. Beautiful body. Horrible attitude. It was the holy trinity of bad boys.

Daemon Black, you are my new obsession.

Katy is the new girl in town. Three years after the death of her father, Katy and her mom have moved to a small unincorporated town in West Virginia. Like so small you have to go to the next town over to do your grocery shopping. Which, after a couple days of unpacking and hiding out in her new home, she realizes she needs to do. With her mom’s insistence, she goes over to her neighbor’s house to ask for directions to the nearest grocery store where a shirtless Daemon Black answers the door.

He’s a total jerk. And he’s totally hot.

While reading this I tried to imagine the model on the cover of Obsidian but I couldn’t help but think of this Damon

every time Daemon came to the scene. Right?? Give him green eyes and that’s Daemon Black right there.

Daemon has a twin sister, Dee, who is so sweet, warm and bubbly. Katy and Dee become quick friends, which Daemon is not too pleased with. He doesn’t want Katy anywhere near him or his sister, and he’s not shy about it.

But still, there are moments when he lets his guard down and he’s… kinda sweet. And as the book progresses we start to figure out that there’s a reason for this facade, a secret the Blacks are keeping and they don’t want anyone to find out. Let’s just say it’s out of this world. With Katy in the mix, things get pretty complicated and that is exactly what Daemon does not want.

I love this book. I read this over the course of two nights and with the end of every chapter, I couldn’t wait to read the next. It has everything I love in a good book; a strong heroine who is likable and not annoying and a mysterious, sexy hero. The romance is not rushed, and the build up/tension is awesome. Also, I have a thing for paranormal books and this just really hit the spot!

Five out of five stars